About Us – We are real Christians
About us – Everything you wanted to know,
- We are free thinking Christians but we’re not Free Thinkers.
- We are Christians and some of us are scientists but we’re not followers of Mary Baker Eddy’s Christian Science.
- We believe in the universal church but we’re not Catholic.
- We believe Christ died for all but we’re definitely not Universal Salvationists.
- We are saints in these latter days but we’re not Latter Day Saints.
- We are witnesses for Jehovah but we are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- We are submitted to God’s authority but we are not Muslims.
- We always seek knowledge but we are not Gnostics.
- We are rational in our thinking but we are not Rationalists.
- We love humanity but we are not Humanists.
- We are spiritually liberal souls but we are not theological Liberals.
What about us? We are a loving, world-wide fellowship of authentic, Bible-believing, rejoicing, cross-bearing, praying, witnessing, evangelical gay and lesbian Christians, with non-gay friends and allies, who affirm and obey the Scriptures while honestly acknowledging our God-given sexual orientation, Matthew 19:12.
About Us – Our Community Values
- We believe it is the personal responsibility of all who are saved to conform their lives to the truth of scripture. Such a life honors God and authenticates the truth of the Gospel to those who need Jesus Christ.
- We honor the intrinsic dignity, potential and value of every individual because of the incredible value God placed on us when He shed His blood to make redemption available to all who believe on Jesus Christ, in this life. About us.
- We encourage gay men and lesbians to receive the gift of God, which is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, Romans 6:23.
- Our purpose is to evangelize the lost and promote Biblical spirituality in gay men and lesbians, I Peter 2:2, II Peter 3:18.
- We recognize the importance of living authentic Christian lives. If you wonder about us, our heart’s desire is that others may see Christ in us and take knowledge of us, that we have been with Jesus, Acts 4:13.
- We understand that more mature Christians carry spiritual responsibility for teaching younger Christians, guiding their spiritual growth as they prepare to serve Christ in the world.
- We encourage non-gay Christians to find out about us by exploring this website with an open mind and a prayerful heart.We believe it is not only possible but desirable for gay and non-gay Christians to be united in our common purpose of serving God according to Biblical principles. That statement says a lot about us and if you agree, it says a lot about you.
- We believe the Scriptures are clear, that it is not a sin to be gay or lesbian.Further, we believe Jesus carefully articulated His personal belief that gay people are not gay because they made a personal choice to be gay.
According to Jesus in Matthew 19:12, there are three classes of people who do not fit the heterosexual, Adam and Eve marriage paradigm.Jesus carefully distinguishes the first class of people who do not fit the Adam and Eve marriage paradigm, from those who made a conscious choice to forgo heterosexual marriage, Matthew 19:12.The first class of people Jesus mentions are people who were born that way. If they were born that way, their condition is not the result of personal choice.
- We believe that eunuchs in history, were frequently gay men or lesbians and therefore, eunuchs in the Bible were frequently gay men.This subject is explored in depth and documented with historical references and quotations from major figures in history, in our powerful new, 400 page book, Gay Christian 101 – Spiritual Self-Defense For Gay Christians, which is available now.
About Us – We Must Walk In Love
- King David. “Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.” Psalm 119:140.We love the written words of God.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ. “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind… Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” Matthew 22:36-39.“But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.” Luke 6:27-28We love God, our Savior Who is Jesus Christ and our neighbor. We work at also loving our enemies although we admit this is much more difficult.“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one for another.” John 13:35.We love our fellow believers in Jesus Christ.
- The Apostle Paul. “Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law… Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:8-11.We do our best to love those who treat us in unloving ways.“And though I have the gift of prophesy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.” I Corinthians 13:2.We understand that love must mediate all our interactions with each other.
- John The Beloved Disciple. “We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.” I John 3:14.The testimony of true believers in Jesus Christ is the love they manifest in their daily lives.“And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” I John 4:21.If you are a professing Christian who does not love gays and lesbians, you need to examine your heart and start obeying the Bible. Your attitude toward us should reflect God’s loving attitude toward us
How to find a Bible believing
gay affirming church in your area
Do an Internet Search for gay affirming church + your city name or gay friendly church + your city name.
Gay affirming church Chicago or affirming church Tampa might turn up something.
If you want a particular denomination, try affirming Baptist church + your city name. Use the name of the denomination you are looking for.
Internet Links to
gay affirming churches
I cannot vouch for all of the churches in the Links below.
These Links are provided to help you get started in your Search.
Some of the churches listed at the Links below may not believe the Bible.
You must exercise your own sound judgment to pick a gay affirming church in your area which preaches and teaches the Bible.
Also, please keep in mind that every church may not define Welcoming Church and Gay Affirming Church the same way.
Walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16), go with a friendly heart and ask God to show you which Bible believing, gay affirming church is right for you.
Questions to ask the pastor.
- Do you believe the Bible is the inspired word of God?
- As pastor, do you view your primary duty in preaching and teaching to be explaining and applying to your congregation the message of the text of Scripture? 2 Timothy 2:4, 4:2.
- Do you agree with Jesus that hell is a real place where all who reject salvation in Jesus Christ will be punished eternally?
- Do you believe the only way of salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ in this life?
- Do you believe in the virgin birth, supernatural miracles, substitutionary blood atonement and bodily resurrection of Jesus?
The answer to ALL of these
questions should be Yes
If the pastor does not affirm and teach these essentials of Biblical Christian belief, then you have some decisions to make.
- Can your spiritual needs be met attending a church which doesn’t believe the Bible?
- Does fellowship with other gay Christians offset the lack of a strong, positive, Bible teaching ministry?
- Does the church you’re considering answer yes to some of our five basic questions? Sometimes, our best choice is to settle for a less than perfect situation. It beats sitting at home, alone and lonely when you could be getting some Christian fellowship and a little bit of Bible teaching.
- For me, the bottom line is the Bible. If a church or pastor doesn’t believe and teach the Bible, as nice as they may be in other areas, I back off and seek fellowship with folks who believe the Bible.